Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Retreat Camp: Message from Organizer

Retreat Camp 2008 is consider to be the most relaxing camp that I have ever organized. One of the main idea of the retreat camp is to demonstrate to the new generation of youth camp committees menbers that it is okay for them to be flexible throughout the camp, changing the style/approach of the camp depending on the situation while helping them to create a stronger bond between them. Another unexpected outcome of the retreat camp was the cooperativeness displayed by the super-seniors thoughout the camp, which I believe, would act as an example to the New Generation.

As someone who prefer to do hand-on activities, most of the "workshop" have a message in it and those participate would somehow learn that message while enjoying the "workshop".

Here are a list of "workshops" that were being played by them in the retreat camp

Screamer
Listmaster
Nine Dots
The Great Egg Drop
Game of Tags
Bean Business
Building Bridges

In between activities, we also managed to find some time to test out some possible activities for the Youth Camp and never forgetting, the favourite game of Mafia.

All in all, I hope those that participate in the retreat camp would somehow learn something and if I managed to offend you during the camp, I am sorry.

With Metta,

Bro Wei Han

Some photos taken during the retreat camp.

I didnt know my picture was taken...

Trying out a activity beside the nearby pond...

New Generation Girls...

Dunno what they are doing...

Niro trying out barbecuing her marshmallow using a lighter...

Justin also join in...

July Birthday boys and girl: Song, Leonie and Leonard

Something fun that we manage to find some time to do... Thanks to Song...

Genie on my palm

Turtle Attack!
Help me!

Syiok!

Let's see who is better...

My two fighting genie... "what am I going to do??"

p.s.: in the process of creating these pictures, no one and nothing was being hurt in any way.
(All photos courtesy of Song and Pei Yun)

No comments: